College of Health Professions – St. David’s School of Nursing
Position: Clinical Assistant Professor/Clinical Associate Professor or Clinical Professor
Job Posting: 20170083FAC
Review Date: June 1, 2017 – Open until filled
Appointment Date: Fall 2017
Position Description (responsibilities/duties):
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University is seeking one clinical nursing faculty at the Clinical Assistant/Clinical Associate/Clinical Professor level for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment to teach in the Family Nurse Practitioner track of the MSN-FNP program.
Duties and Expectations of Selected Candidate: Advise and teach MSN-FNP students; serve on faculty committees and participate in curriculum development.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include: participation in curriculum development, including lab instruction and teaching online courses in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will be located in the nursing building on the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, Texas. www.nursing.txstate.edu
- Masters of Science in Nursing with Family Nurse Practitioner Specialty.
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
- Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor (less than five years of teaching), Clinical Associate Professor (minimum of five years of teaching), or Clinical Professor (minimum of ten years of teaching) in a School of Nursing.
- The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
- Earned doctorate or enrolled in a doctoral program.
- Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
- Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
- Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experience, and teaching in a Family Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative (grantsmanship and extramural funding) and service.
- Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review and assessment.
- Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
- Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu will be accepted and considered. First review date is June 1, 2017.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University
St. David’s School of Nursing
1555 University Boulevard
Round Rock, TX 78665