College of Health Professions – St. David’s School of Nursing
Position: Clinical Assistant Professor/Clinical Associate Professor or Clinical Professor
Job Posting: 20170084FAC
Review Date: June 15, 2017 – Open until filled
Appointment Date: Fall 2017
Position Description (responsibilities/duties):
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University is seeking clinical nursing faculty at the clinical Assistant Professor/clinical Associate Professor, or clinical Professor) level for nine-month appointments with possible summer employment. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include: participation in curriculum development and teaching primarily in general undergraduate and specialty clinical areas, including simulation lab instruction. The position will be located in the nursing building on the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, Texas. http://www.nursing.txstate.edu
- Master’s degree in Nursing or a related field with twelve (12) hours of graduate nursing education courses.
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience in a registered nurse role.
- Eligible for Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Texas.
- Demonstrated teaching experience in a professional school of nursing, or equivalent teaching experience, appropriate for appointment at the rank of clinical Assistant Professor (minimum of two years), clinical Associate Professor (minimum of five (5) years), clinical Professor (minimum of ten years of teaching).
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the program vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
- Demonstrated strong collegial relationships.
- The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
- Current doctorate or enrollment in a doctoral program.
- Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experiences, and teaching in undergraduate nursing.
- Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative activities, including grantsmanship and extramural funding, and service.
- Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review, and assessment.
- Certification in one or more nursing specialties or nursing education.
- Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
- Demonstrated strong collegial leadership qualities in diversity and innovation.
- Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
- Demonstrated success in staff or faculty cooperative support and team development.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu will be accepted and considered. First review date is June 15, 2017.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University
St. David’s School of Nursing
1555 University Boulevard
Round Rock, TX 78665