Texas State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program was approved to be added to the existing university accreditation in September 2008. The Master of Science in Nursing Program was approved to be added to the existing university accreditation in August 2013.
The Nursing programs have also been approved by:
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- The Texas Board of Nursing
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- MSN Program: October 8, 2014
- BSN Program: November 7, 2011
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master's degree program in nursing at Texas State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.