Nursing Job Board
The St. David's School of Nursing makes no representations or guarantees about positions listed on its Web site and is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is the responsibility of the student or alumnus to take all necessary precautions when interviewing for or accepting any position. He or she is solely responsible for obtaining or confirming any necessary information concerning an employer.
EMPLOYER: Southwest Medical Center
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 3/30/21
LOCATION: Liberal, KS
CONTACT INFORMATION: Allisha Highberger 620-629-6348 email@example.com
Registered Nurse Opportunity-Med Surg, ED, OB, ICU, OR, PACU, Skilled Nursing, and Infusion Therapy
This is a great opportunity experienced and new nurses looking to gain a wide variety of experiences. You will have the opportunity to work with other well trained nurses and knowledgeable PAs and physicians while providing excellent care to our patients.
The Registered Nurse (RN) plans, supervises, implements and evaluates the nursing care of each patient through the use of the nursing process. The RN acts as the patient’s advocate while promoting teamwork with physicians and all personnel. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related. or is a logical assignment to the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Kansas RN license required.
- BLS, ACLS, PAL, and NPR may be required for some specialties.
Competitive benefits include:
- $9600 Sign On Bonus
- $2400 Relocation
- $3600 Student Loan Repayment
- Paid time off and an extended illness benefit
- Blue Cross Blue Shield major medical (health), dental, prescription and vision insurances
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS) retirement plan
- Educational loan assistance
- Life Insurance
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
- Professional training available at no cost to you (BLS, ACLS, etc.)
EMPLOYER: Stacy McCrary
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 3/26/21
LOCATION: Georgetown, TX
CONTACT INFORMATION: Stacy McCrary - 704-962-6618
Looking for someone who would be a caretaker for my mom. Free room and board in Cimarron Hills - plus a salary - to be discussed. Large bedroom and bathroom. Other care will come to the house as needed.
EMPLOYER: Williamson County Juvenile Services
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 3/24/21
LOCATION: 200 Wilco Way, Georgetown, TX 78626
CONTACT INFORMATION: 512-943-3219 firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/williamsonco/jobs/2959481/juvenile-services-nurse?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Reporting directly to Health Services Care Coordinator, is responsible for providing medical care, administering medications, completing health assessments, and coordinating medical appointments within the Juvenile Justice Center.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Administers and distributes all prescribed and non-prescribed medications to residents
- Administers juvenile health appraisal assessments
- Performs assessment and treatment of injuries, illnesses, and wound care
- Creates and maintains all medical charts and prepares them for daily use
- Coordinates and schedules routine, emergency, short-term and long-term care for juvenile residents under the direction of physicians and other medical professionals
- Responds to sick calls, and notifies medical professionals
- Collects laboratory collections and specimens required for treatment of residents
- Assists with coordinating TB testing, physicals and medical exams for each resident
- Provides counseling on personal hygiene and preventative healthcare
- Serves as medical liaison for families and medical professionals
- Trains staff in medication distribution and other health-related topics
- Retrieves medications from pharmacies and accompanies residents and staff to outside appointments
- Interprets health information and provides information to families on continued care
- Manages Infectious disease control
- Maintains first-aid kits and other medical supplies
- Assists in crisis interventions and emergency situations
- Attends meeting and trainings as necessary
- Performs special duties as assigned
- Reports directly to – Health Services Care Coordinator
- Direct Reports – No
- Position involves prolonged sitting at a workstation, reaching, walking, twisting, bending, repetitive motions, and standing
- Position involves performing non-violent physical restraint
- Position involves occasional lifting and carrying of up to fifty (50) pounds and exertion of up to twenty-five (25) pounds of force to move objects
- Work is primarily indoors in an air-conditioned environment
- Contact with persons accused or adjudicated of various crimes
- Exposure to bodily fluids
- Constant contact with youth with infections or communicable diseases
- Includes regular occurring evening and weekend hours and occasional holiday hours
- Work schedule and on-call schedule assigned
- May be deemed essential personnel in the event of an emergency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (see licensure requirements below)
- One (1) year of job-related nursing experience
- Experience treating youth for illness and diseases
- Prior experience working as nurse in a pediatric, psychiatric, correctional, or emergency setting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Required upon offer of employment:
- Valid State of Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Certification
- Required within thirty (30) days of employment:
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Required within Ninety (90) days of employment:
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
- Valid State off Texas Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure
- Three (3) years of nursing experience
- Acute Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
Employment is contingent on passing any post-offer pre-employment screening as listed below:
- Criminal background check: Yes
- Motor Vehicle Record check: Yes
- Drug screening: Yes
- Physical exam: Yes
- Psychological exam: No
- Additional: Child Abuse Registry Check
A Williamson County online application (resumes alone are not sufficient) must be received before the position is closed. Positions are open until filled, subject to close at any time after five (5) business days.
Williamson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please request assistance from the Human Resources Department.
TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE POLICY
Williamson County is a tobacco free workplace. The use of tobacco and non-tobacco products such as vapor, e-cigarettes and the use of chewing tobacco or like products is prohibited on all Williamson County premises. Employees who violate this policy are subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
EMPLOYER: Capitol Home Health
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 3/18/21
LOCATION: Temple/Killeen, TX
CONTACT INFORMATION: Dawn Faison, 512-467-6900
Capitol Home Health and Hospice is a family-owned and operated healthcare agency that is proud to serve Central Texas. We have offices in Austin, Marble Falls and San Antonio. We have earned the ACHC accreditation, the gold star standard in the healthcare industry, demonstrating that quality patient care is the core value of our agencies!
Each year, our employees are surveyed by Texas Monthly which has resulted in Capitol receiving the Best Companies to Work for in Texas award since 2014! We have also had the honor of being recipients of the Aggie 100 award which signifies us as one of the fastest growing Aggie-owned companies. Capitol is also an esteemed Inc. 5000 award winner since 2016. Capitol not only excels in patient care, but also in employee care. Together, we make a difference in our community!
We are hiring for Full-Time and PRN Registered Nurses in the Temple and Killeen area due to our recent growth. If you would like to know more information, please visit our website: capitolhomehealthcare.com or call 512-467-6900
EMPLOYER: Blue Water Homecare
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 3/15/21
LOCATION: Various Austin area locations
CONTACT INFORMATION: 512/872-2955
Immediately hiring for caregivers! Great pay and flexible shifts available. Wonderful working environment with a mentor program to help support caregivers in the field and additional mentoring for caregivers planning to pursue nursing as a career. We'd love to hear from you!
EMPLOYER: SMRT Testing
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 1/27/21
LOCATION: Austin, TX
CONTACT INFORMATION: email@example.com
Our company is Smrt Testing, an efficient and enjoyable COVID testing solution in Westlake, Austin. We’re looking for bright, excited people to be CNAs and CMAs ($18-23/hr).
CNAs and CMAs are responsible for swabbing customers, and developing rapid tests! (we will teach you everything you need to know during training.)
We’re doing phone interviews today and tomorrow, training on Saturday (1/30), and opening Monday (2/1).
If you’re interested, email us a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
The St. David’s School of Nursing is happy to post your job opportunity if it is a nursing-related position. Please note that if not notified otherwise, any posted job notice that is 6 months or older will be removed.