Nursing Job Board
The St. David's School of Nursing makes no representations or guarantees about positions listed on its Web site and is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is the responsibility of the student or alumnus to take all necessary precautions when interviewing for or accepting any position. He or she is solely responsible for obtaining or confirming any necessary information concerning an employer.
EMPLOYER: RedBud HomeCare Services
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 6/18/2020
LOCATION: Austin, TX
CONTACT INFORMATION: 512-523-8245
RedBud HomeCare is looking for CNAs and caregivers in South Austin, Buda, and Kyle. Schedules depending upon your availability.
Are you an experienced, reliable caregiver looking for full time employment or some extra hours to work around your current work schedule? We offer flexible hours and can work around your schedule. Please give us a call!
RedBud is a small, family run home care agency. We take care of the elderly in their homes and facilities. We offer FLEXIBLE part time and full time schedules.
- A CNA
- A private duty caregiver looking for extra hours
- A nursing student looking for work around your school schedule
- A retired healthcare worker wanting part-time or full-time schedules...
---- Then we NEED you ----
A valid driver's license is required. Interviewing daily. CALL US at 512 523-8245 to apply. Open M-F 9am-5pm. (Due to current events, RedBud is not accepting walk-in interviews. Please call to schedule.) Learn more about us and apply online at: https://redbudhcservices.com/employment-application-form/
EMPLOYER: O. Baker
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 3/5/2020
LOCATION: Pflugerville, TX
CONTACT INFORMATION: 512-632-6604
Seeking: Part-time assistance for physically disabled woman. Help with daily living tasks such a light meal prep, laundry, change bed linen, assist with entering and exiting shower, other minor household tasks.
Need assistance 3 days a week (total of 16-18 hrs per week). In home, family setting, casual dress, informal environment.
EMPLOYER: Hospice Austin
DATE NOTICE RECEIVED: 2/14/2020
LOCATION: Austin, TX
CONTACT INFORMATION: www.HospiceAustin.org
About Us: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity, and peace. As one of Austin's most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the patient's physical, functional, psychosocial , and environmental needs, activities of daily living, risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications, and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Performs nursing assessments, i.e. Vital signs, pain assessment, breath sounds, etc.
- Triages patient care problems
- Manages discomfort and provides symptom relief
- Performs specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Consults with and educates the patient and caregivers(including home health staff) re: disease process, self care techniques, end of life care, death and dying, comfort measures, medication use and side effects, etc. process for dealing with ethical issues
- Coordinates all patient/family services and prioritizes needs with the members of the IDT
- Acts as a liaison between patient and physicians, hospital staff, home health staff, and other care team members to facilitate ongoing clinical care.
- Provides preparation and support for patient’s death; pronounces deaths in accordance with state regulation, provides post mortem care, handles body and death event with respect and dignity and in accordance with patient/family/caregiver wishes.
- Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing as determined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Valid Texas driver's license, auto liability insurance, and safe driving record.
Preferred Position Background:
- 1 year previous nursing experience
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
* All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood Location. Orientation in Monday - Friday and will be paid.
The St. David’s School of Nursing is happy to post your job opportunity if it is a nursing-related position. Please note that if not notified otherwise, any posted job notice that is older than 6 months will be removed.