Nursing Program Student Educational Outcomes
Graduates of the MSN-LAN program will gain knowledge, skills and competencies around the following program educational outcomes:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication across a diverse constituency including board members, executives, academia, physicians and providers, employees, community members, patients and families.
- Gain extensive knowledge of the health care environment regarding patient safety, quality and performance improvement, delivery models, economics and policy and governance.
- Internalize personal and professional leadership skills that demonstrate reflective practice, change management, succession planning, systems thinking, and emotional intelligence.
- Synthesize personal accountability and professional ethics into an advocacy role as a nurse leader.
- Correlate business skills in financial management, human resources, strategic planning and information management and technology.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hour|
|HA 5355||Human Resource Management in Healthcare Facilities||3|
|HIM 5342||Information Systems and Technology||3|
|HS 5315||Principles of Healthcare Finance for Clinical Leaders||3|
|NURS 5360||Leadership Science: Foundational Thinking Skills, Governance, & Community & Provider Relationships||3|
|NURS 5361||Leadership Science: Performance and Quality Improvement||3|
|NURS 5362||Leadership Science: Patient Safety, Risk Management, Legal and Regulatory Requirements||3|
|NURS 5363||Leadership Science: Evidence-Based Practice for Nurse Leaders||3|
|NURS 5364||Leadership Science: Health Care Finance and Workforce Planning||3|
|NURS 5365||Leadership Art: Ethics, Diversity, and Relationship Building||3|
|NURS 5366||Leadership Art: Health Policy and Advocacy||3|
|NURS 5367||Leader Within: Professional Accountability, Succession Planning and Reflective Practice I||3|
|NURS 5368||Leader Within: Professional Accountability, Succession Planning and Reflective Practice II||3|