Nursing Program Student Educational Outcomes
Graduates of the MSN-PMHNP program will gain knowledge, skills and competencies around the following program educational outcomes:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication across a diverse constituency including systems, academia, physicians and providers, employees, community members, patients, and families.
- Gain extensive knowledge in models of psychotherapeutic care, psychopharmacology, neuroscience, psychiatric assessment, and psychoeducation.
- Internalize personal and professional skills that demonstrate their ability to assess, diagnose, intervene, and evaluate care for people with psychiatric and mental health disorders.
- Synthesizes personal accountability and professional ethics into an advocacy role as a nurse practitioner.
- Correlate theoretical models with evidence-based practice and research utilizing technology in the delivery of psychiatric and mental health care.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hour|
|NURS 5301||Advanced Pathophysiology||3|
|NURS 5384||Role, Leadership, Policy, and Ethics Within the US Healthcare Delivery System||3|
|NURS 5202||Advanced Health Assessment||2|
|NURS 5102||Advanced Health Assessment (60 hours clinical practicum)||1|
|NURS 5303||Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics||3|
|NURS 5273||Neuroscience for Mental Health Practitioners||2|
|NURS 5372||Psychological Theory for APRNS||3|
|NURS 5274||Developmental Models of Care Across the Lifespan||2|
|NURS 5275||Developmental Models of Care Across the Lifespan (120 hours clinical practicum)||2|
|NURS 5180||Advanced Health Assessment Applications for PMHNP||1|
|NURS 5176||Models of Psychotherapy||1|
|NURS 5177||Models of Psychotherapy Practicum (60 hours)||1|
|NURS 5278||Acute and Crisis Models of Care Across the Lifespan||2|
|NURS 5279||Acute and Crisis Models of Care Across the Lifespan Practicum (120 hours clinical practicum)||2|
|NURS 5182||Psychoeducation Theory||1|
|NURS 5183||Psychoeducation Practicum (60 hours clinical practicum)||1|
|NURS 5386||Chronic Mental Health Self-Management Across the Lifespan||3|
|NURS 5287||Chronic Mental Health Self-Management Across the Lifespan Practicum (120 hours clinical practicum)||2|
|NURS 5385||Translational Research and Capstone||3|
NOTE: The PMHNP curriculum will be undergoing revisions for the 2021 year.